Bike and Relax! Bring your Bike on the Breeze.
The Breeze is bicycle-friendly. Bike to your bus stop, relax aboard the Breeze, and then enjoy the last leg of your commute on your bike. It’s so easy! Bicycle racks are available on all Breeze buses. Bike racks can carry three bikes at a time and are first-come, first-served. Load your bike in less than 25 seconds by following the three simple steps displayed on the rack.
Persons with Disabilities
Each Breeze buses is equipped with wheelchair ramps and space for two wheelchairs. Your driver will assist you with boarding, exiting, and securing your wheelchair. The driver is required to secure all wheelchairs before proceeding.
Service animals are permitted to accompany individuals with disabilities. A service animal is any animal specifically trained to work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The animal must be on a leash, or in a carrier, must not interfere with other passengers, and must be under the constant supervision and control of its owner.
ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) certified passengers are eligible for reduced fares. To qualify for an ADA certification and Discount Fare Card, you must complete and return an application form signed by a physician or health agency. Forms and additional information are available at the Breeze offices at 1303 Fairway Dr. in Santa Maria or by calling (800) 417-2137.
For Your Riding Experience
To ensure a safe and comfortable ride when using the SMAT and Breeze services, please observe the following rules:
- No food or beverage permitted on transit vehicles. Please enjoy prior to boarding and discard in trash bin. SMMC Section 8-18.12
- Smoking/Vaping and littering is prohibited on all transit vehicles and within all transit stops. SMMC Section 8-18.17
- Loud noises are prohibited. SMMC Section 18-18.03
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. SMMC Section 8-18.06
- Failure to pay the appropriate fare is prohibited. SMMC Section 8-18.10
- Proper hygiene is required, including not offending others with unreasonable odors. Passengers must be clothed at all times. SMMC Section 8-18.05
- Vandalizing public transit system property is prohibited. SMMC Section 18-18.9
- No harassment of public transit system staff and passengers. SMMC Section 8-18.04 and Section 8-18.08
For additional information regarding the Code of Conduct Protocol, please contact SMAT Dispatch at (805) 928-5624.